Friday, April 8, 2011

Welcome to the Stimpmeter

Greetings!

We all like to follow the trends. No matter the industry, no matter the country, no matter where, we all like to do it. Is it a bad thing? Sometimes, but more often then not it shows you the direction that society or a group is going. What about the Turfgrass industry? What trends are popping up? Environmental stewardship, pesticide awareness, and greater public awareness to name a few. All of these, in my opinion, are excellent trends to be following, and I am sure if you are apart of this industry you would agree with me.

Another popular trend right now is the blog. Everyone seems to be doing it, even your grandmother (well, atleast its likely). There are blogs on everything from coffee to ventriliquism. Even in the turf industry, people are starting to blog. Turf departments are updating their members on what is happening on the course, researchers are publishing results, it's being done, and it's getting popular.

So what's the point of this blog? Is it just another turf blog in the green sea of electronic turfiness? Probably. But I hope it to be more. Right now, it is a place to publish my career achievements. Those projects I've accomplished, those jobs I've had, and those pictures I've found along the way. Hopefully, it can properly broadcast my abilities as a Turfgrass manager to those who are interested. I also aim to provide helpful links to others in the industry to better serve us as we strive to give the best conditions to those wonderful addicts we call golfers. That's the point of this blog, and I hope you enjoy it.

My name is David Smith. Saskatchewan born, Albertan taught, and hopefully, turf green all the way through.



Enjoy,
David S.

No comments:

Post a Comment